Friday 4 January 2013

52 Books Challenge #1

So the first book in this years challenge is a re-read, though one I merely skimmed through about eighteen months ago. It's also an easy lighthearted read... thought I'd ease myself in gently...



Laura' s handmade Life by Amanda Addison was, for me a joy to read. It revolves around Laura Lovegood and her relocation with her family from London to Norfolk. Things, as so often happens,  go a little pear shaped and there is of course the struggle of finding your way and making friends in a small village community. In the end Laura has to fall back on something she never imagined she'd do in order to make ends meet and meets the odd inspirational person along the way.

I do love this book, especially as I love sewing, and I like and sympathise the characters. The story is familiar in a good way and delivered well with vibrant and detailed description and a wee bit of history thrown in too. It's against the odds chick lit at some of its finest.

There are twists, turns and humps in the road and at times the story can start to lag. But preserver. Its worth it for that fuzzy feeling and the joy of a good comfort read...Week two will be a little more challenging, or so is the plan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment