Monday 23 July 2012

The Ovenless Diaries #1

There is no doubt that one of the things I am missing most out here in HK is an oven. It's not something I'm used to being without and now I realise just how much I relied on it, so it almost feels like I'm going back to square 1 with my cooking. On the side of the pro-points, we do have a gas hob, which makes hob only cooking a little more variable.

This weeks revelation was a family fave (sadly now the all hallowed apple crumble and custard) but a tasty one nonetheless. Ginger and honey marinaded salmon with mashed potatoes (skin left on) and pak choi. I suppose this isn't really a recipe, but the marinade is simply chopped fresh ginger, runny honey and olive oil in the quantities of your choice. The oil works its way though the fish as it's marinading, making it so easy to fire into a wok/frying pan and cook gently through. I just wish I had taken a picture....

For now however, I need to bend my mind to more exciting things that I can cook and expand my hob cooking skills...

No comments:

Post a Comment