Monday 30 July 2012

The comfort factor

When you're in a foreign country there is nothing quite like having a few home comforts hanging around. Luckily for me, Hong Kong Public Libraries have plenty of them, the highlight of which came when I paid a visit to my local library and found this most wonderful of books on the library shelves:


This books has always been a favourite and curled up in my room I could've been anywhere. The story is told so brilliantly and however many times I read it I am still enchanted (no pun intended). One of the (smal) irritating things about moving away was not being able to bring my books with me. I love my kindle, but even so there is nothing like an actual book in your hands and turning pages instead of pressing buttons.

But now I have a new book to read, The Zahir, by Paulo Coelho was pressed into my hands only yesterday with the instructions to read it - instructions that I am now about to follow.... never having read any of Coelho's work I am intrigued....

No comments:

Post a Comment