Sunday 3 February 2013

Sewing Season

For some reason, the beginning of the year has transformed into the time where I start sewing things. Last year it was dresses in preparation for the travels to HK. This year, now I am here, it is all about the dresses that are going to get me though this summer. This means balance the hot (the weather outside being seriously sunny and horrendously humid) with the cold (the f..f..f..freezing air conditioning). Once again it is going to be a simplicity pattern that I have gone for, and I have been dying to make one of Cynthia Rowley's for eons!


I'll be making this pattern in the longer length so it will definitely hit my knees, and with the wider straps. The two major bonuses of this dress are it is not a pencil skirt (as last years dresses were) and it has POCKETS!!! As I made all  of last years dresses for this very reason this is an absolute essential! Can't do without them!

I already have a vast array of cardigans I can put this dress with and, being in HK, silly amounts of fabric to choose from, and the jacket pattern looks nice too! I might see if I can rustle one up in a light jersey!

Now just to go and wave a wand over my sewing machine foot to make it work... oh and finish my afternoon tea dress....

No comments:

Post a Comment