Tuesday 17 January 2012

The POA didn't work... so I got a desk...

When it comes to furniture, there are few things I truly love. As a matter of fact there are only two: chair's and desks. Our house is teaming with them... everyone has their designated desk, though these move around the house and may be purloined by other people over the course of time. I have just acquired a new desk - well technically it's a "family" desk and it is categorically not to be an extension of my room... while it may not be the latter, it is most definitely mine - no questions.

Why is this desk so worthy of a blog post though? Because there is nothing so conducive to constructive writing as a nice, big, organised desk space. The ideas are flowing and I feel like I might actually be getting somewhere...I have always been a splurger, I'll sit and write thousands of words, not necessarily in the order they should be, and the next day I'll scrap the majority - but at least now I am writing daily at my awesome desk.

The desk did come with a downside however. It has to be in the coldest part of the house, requiring me to wear multiple layers, and thanks to the current cold spell also a coat. Sometimes I look like an extra from Dr Zhivago and sometimes even the man himself (if you haven't seen the film it's worth it just for the scene of him and his frozen moustache as he sits at his desk writing...sadly I do not have the moustache and therefore cannot pull of the look with quite the same aplomb...)

As it is I am embracing "struggling writer chic" for all it's worth - if you're going to do something, it may as well be done in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment