Thursday 25 July 2013

Comfort Cookies

One of the simplest of recipes and one that provides fantastic comfort in hours of need that I thought I'd better share all the cookie (although bear in mind they come out quite spongy) love!


Ingredients:

100g flour
50g sugar
60g butter/margarine
1 tsp vanilla essence (I promise that it's better with the stuff and I never normally bother with it!)
1 egg, beaten
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder, dissolved in hot water (though I always use self-raising flour anyway)
1 small bag M&M's (or smarties, or chocolate-chip, raisins...)


Method:

1. Pre-heat oven to 175 C.
2. Cream the butter (or margerine) and sugar together.
3. Add the egg, vanilla essence, salt and baking powder and mix.
4. Add the flour and mix it in.
5. Throw in your M&Ms (or indeed whatever you fancy)
6. Bake for at least 10 minutes (use your judgement - I know all ovens are different and have their ticks)

These are best eaten the day they're made and are so deliciously comforting that you'll wish you made more (but be glad you didn't or you'd have scoffed the lot!) Luckily for me, this recipe is perfect for those with a wee oven and it makes five generous cookies (or if you accidently double the quantities like I did then you end up with five ma-hoo-sive cookies....).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment