Sunday 28 July 2013

Lazy Sunday Cookies

Sunday morning, lurgy free... what to do!? Naturally tidy the room, organise the wardrobe and bake! In my room tidying escapades I came upon yet another hat, so I've spent the day wondering round in black and looking very philosophical (no poetry spouting though).


So, with wooden spoon in hand, and nod to France oh so neatly placed (I didn't plan that one) in homage to my baking buddy having realised that this was the first time I had baked without her about, I was ready to go! I bring you an amazing baking brain-child:

Lazy Sunday Lemon Cookies

Ingredients:

6 oz Butter
2 oz Icing Sugar
1/2 lb Self-Raising Flour
1 decent sized Lemon
Icing sugar

Method:

1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together.
3. Grate the lemon zest into the sugar mixture and mix together.
4. Work the flour in with your fingers until it comes together in a ball.
5. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut into rounds.
6. Put on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes till a pale golden brown.
7. Let them cool on a wire rack.

Now here is the really good bit...

8. In a small bowl/cup pour in a small amount of icing sugar, then squeeze in the lemon juice from the grated lemon. Mix well.
9. Keep adding icing sugar to this until you reach a consistency that is spreadable but not too runny. I was lucky that this made exactly enough icing for the number of cookies I had!
10. Spread your icing onto your cool biscuits, leave to set and then nom away!


No comments:

Post a Comment