Monday 1 July 2013

Edging closer to the twenties (52 books #18)

Edging closer to the twenties and number eighteen has come in the form of One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner. It was my morning off work this morning so I lounged around the flat for a while and picked up a book. I started this book months ago and then put it down and forgot about it and I thought it was about time I resumed my progress! I have since wept my way through the rest of the book.


Now, I'm someone who turns to mush at the most mildly sad things, but parts of this book were heat wrenching. Add that to the fact that a good cry has been on the cards anyway and I nearly flooded the flat. But don't be thinking that One Moment, One Morning is a miserable weep fest - it's not. It's actually a warm,  thoughtful story that is full of hope and acceptance as it follows a group of friends dealing with a tragic loss.

I would read this book again and I'd recommend it. It's short but powerful and it reads well. Rayner has woven the interconnecting lives of her characters beautifully and with great thought and care. A lovely read.

No comments:

Post a Comment