Friday 11 October 2013

Another day, another public holiday...

One of the things I have come to love about autumn in Hong Kong is the number of Public Holidays (not that you can really call it that, it's not really autumn without the leaves turning brown, the clocks changing and the frosts beginning to set in, but that;s by the by). After three months straight of one day off a week, a run of three public holidays is just what the doctor ordered! That's not to say that the days don't also have their downsides! 

I enjoy these magical days off when I stay at home, or at least in my local area. Venturing into crowded areas on a Public Holiday is only going to cause more harm than good, especially when the pedestrian rage comes in to play! I have discovered that while I don't have a people problem per-se, I do have great difficulty with masses of people with little-to-no spatial awareness and an uncanny knack of stopping in places that make it impossible for you to dart around them. If anything, spending time in Hong Kong makes you a master weaver when it comes to maneuvering along pedestrian crowded pavements! (British People Problems Abroad anyone...!!)

This is the last Public Holiday before Christmas, and while I feel I should be making use of it, I am instead going to stay holed up in my local area doing my usual thing - the biggest debate is whether I get myself a sewing machine to occupy my time or not... The pro's and con's of sending fabric home, or manipulating it into a wearable form so it can make it's way home in a suitcase. Knowing that the burners for the job hunting engine are about to be reignited in the not too distant future, a more versatile and more "me" working wardrobe needs to be concocted and with even more capsule qualities than before. Without doubt, Pinterest is about to become my closest Allie (like it wasn't that before). In fairness the decision is most likely to be swung by the fact that my after school activities were majorly limited by the horrendous post-run shin splints that had me hobbling around like a granny for three days - I gather this was great fun to witness, even if I was in my own personal world of agonizing pain! Have to provide the humour somehow!

So ends another random waffle, tailing off into the distance and losing it's pace as I get ever tireder as the clock winds down on today's proceedings! I'm about to hit the 18 month mark (good lord, when did that happen) but I am no more used to 6 days weeks and the lack of That Friday Feeling - I can count only one in the last 18 months - ONE!!! One thing is for sure, I appreciate two days off in a row far more now than I ever did before, and in celebration of such an event happening this weekend I shall leave you with some celebrating penguins - what's not to love!


No comments:

Post a Comment