Tuesday 15 October 2013

Keep Calm and Drink Tea!

I'm having a moment... my first moment in 18 months... and I'm having a decent sized wobble. I seem to be powering through it fairly quickly now that I've screwed my head back on. I've been thinking about good times I've had, which in turn has been making me think of all the hypothetical good times there are to be had in the future... What's that thing people say? Tomorrow is a new day... Even so, here's a wee list of the things that are the source of some mighty fine memories.

  • late night bus journeys from Glasgow to Edinburgh
  • (or by train)
  • Scotland in general
  • late night Potter chats
  • Chicken Casserole
  • Fighting crime in dark corners!!
  • Cafe Nero (I mean Pacific, you're good, but it's not the same...)
  • laughing till your stomach hurts
  • COLD WEATHER!!!
  • dancing like a lunatic in a box, no matter who's watching
  • putting a smile on someone's face when you hand them their morning coffee
  • "To the outside world it looks like bullying..."
  • classical music and coffee in the snow
  • studying in a library - there is nothing better
  • lectures! 
  • Midday Pints! 
  • PIRATES (because really, Pirates!)
  • "What if  your train was an ACTUAL train!!!!"
  • a proper pub
  • watching rugby at a reasonable hour
  • sitting on the windowsill in the architecture studio
  • a salad that doesn't cost the earth!
  • The Hive (R.I.P.)
  • talking out ideas
  • a hug, when you need it
  • Mighty Boosh evenings
  • having someone to sit with - conversation not required
  • cafe's in bookshops
  • Mamma Mia a la Flatmate and Wine!
  • WEEKENDS
  • Radio 1 (I miss waking up to this, even if I have to listen to Nick Grimshaw - that's the state we've got to!)
  • People being a phone call and a short distance away, rather than a phone call and half the world away.
  • Cones on statues
  • Christmas lights on Buchanan Street
  • Rowing on the Clyde
  • Daft Friday - Oh what a night! 
  • A 2 hour journey to the homestead as opposed to 24! (worth every minute though, even a lay-over in Dubai!)

But,despite all that, and today's sadness, I've got me a supply of Earl Grey tea, for as some wise person somewhere said: 

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy tea, and that's kind of the same thing!"

Well said Sir, well said!



No comments:

Post a Comment