Tuesday 15 October 2013

Sad Songs Say So Much

Yes Elton, yes sad songs DO say so much. Not that I have anything against a happy song, far from it, after all there's a time and place for everything! But a sad song can evoke a wider variety of emotions. I've been listening to the same song and it's not even a sad one, the sentiment is incredibly sweet and heart warming, but today it's had me in tears. Every so often, when you're feeling emotionally fragile, a song comes along and completely floors you. Great!! Just great!! - Thanks John Legend for writing beautiful music and reducing me to a sobbing mess (it really is a great song though - really, go and listen to All Of Me.)


Love in the Future is actually a great album from John Legend! I loved Evolver and then wasn't greatly enamoured with anything that followed (Ordinary People is a good song, but just didn't do it for me!) - he's making up for it now though, despite my tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment