Sunday 28 April 2013

A Few Old Creations


I've been searching through some of my old sewing projects and there a more than a few I've not shared! One of the first that spring to mind was this: an Amy Butler Weekender bag bag that took me two years to make! I'd been lurking on Craftster for quite some time before I managed to create this beauty... Ikea fabric and a light lining (so I could see everything inside) and my first experience of interfacing. I didn't use all the interfacing suggested in the instructions, but that's because I didn't want it to be as stiff. I like my bags with a bit of give. I made the tag too, just for the fun of it!

I even made the wee luggage tag!

Another one that's been lost in the mire for a while is this dress:

Ignore me, focus on the dress!!
I have made a lot of use of this pattern:02/2011 Bustier #113 .This was one of my earlier attempts with the pattern, I'd made two tops previously (one from one of my grans old dresses). It's a pattern I keep going back to. I like how versatile it is and how many changes you can make to it! And what's better than that is that the fabric came from an old duvet of mine and not only is it wonderfully soft but it's also nice and cool as well! excellent for the heat of HK!!

Looking to (one day) get better picture of these and perhaps others (but hope this delights for now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment