Monday 29 April 2013

Music To My Ears

Just to increase the crazy jumble of things I waffle about on here, let's add music into the mix! And today's track has, I gather, gone to number 1 in the UK charts - I haven't had much of a look elsewhere!



Purchased on a whim, we are talking here about Daft Punk's return in the form of Get Lucky feat. Pharrell Willams - put simply it is fab! The French duo haven't really broken any boundaries with this track and at times it has major shades of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger sweeping through it, but in my view this is no bad thing. Pharrell Williams' voice melds beautiful with the track too - he was a good choice - and overall the track let me with a warm, fuzzy feeling. It's good, very good, to have them back.

I was a late-comer to the Daft Punk scene. I remember when One More Time came out, but I was too deeply entrenched in my emo-indie phase to pay too much attention.Though this old love it very much still present and correct there was no way that the wafts of song from my brothers CD player and increased listening to Radio 1 wouldn't eventually wear me down and I knew it was absolute love when my brother played me the live mix of Around the World/Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. Then there was the Tron soundtrack. I saw the film on a whim, and whilst overall not greatly impressed by it, it had been worth it for the soundtrack alone. I love a good soundtrack at the best of times, but this one was something else!

It really is so good to have them back and I am waiting for the album with bated breath!!

Toodles,

Nelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment