Monday 22 April 2013

Oh No!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
Terrible things have happened. I went and finally got round to getting the sewing machine out today. It is beyond dead, so no sewing on the horizon for me and the handmade wardrobe challenge will have to take a backseat (if my handsewing skills were as good as i'd like them to be i'd perhaps consider this but sadly they are fairly poor on larde garment scale.)
Then another terrible thing happened... the laptop decided it was time to die barely two weeks after being fixed. Clearly there are deeper problems than were realised and it is timt to put this wee love out to pasture... It's a blow on a few fronts and I barely managed to get the current draft of the primary novel off in one piece - does nothing for the heartrate I can tell you.
April has just compounded in March's series of hick-ups and it feels a little like it's two steps forwards and one step back at the moment, and all the hope and promise of the beginning of the week has all but floudered away. It's going to be a very long end to april, returning to the long hand part of the manuscript and attempting to do cross-checking as I go.
Thankfully I have a useful phone that with it's bluetooth connections mean I can use this wee beauty if a keyboard and all hope is not entirely lost, but it is floundering a little...Well no excuse for getting angry at typing on a touch screen anyway...
Resolutly holding out for better things around the corner...
Nelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment