Thursday 18 April 2013

To The Wire

There was a dress I made before I came to HK... I say before,  but I was actually handsewing the hem in my bed the night before my flight. This only just made it into the suitcase. And boy am I glad it did. It is the handmade dress I wear most frequently.\

The fabric is a vintage liberty print that my mum had vast amounts of lying around and it's fully lined in a cotton blend. The pattern is the one pictured below. I tweaked the sleeves a bit also. This is the best picture I have of this dress - sadly not full length but it's the best picture ever taken of the dress...





I found this a relatively simple dress to make. It was at the end of a run of three fully lined dresses that I made and with a few skills that I'd never used before, so this was always going to be the easiest of the three. It was simple to construct and the instructions were clear. The only change I made was to make the sleeves shorter so they suited me! I'm already looking forward to making another - the fabric awaits! 

Nelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment