Tuesday 16 April 2013

Growth Over Regression.

The only direction in which to travel is forwards, going backwards doesn't allow the space for growth and development.Going backwards is not what I want to do and the last few days have thrown up options and ideas that once upon a time I would have jumped at had I been given the chance. When these became a reality it turned out that it wasn't what I wanted at all. Now no longer a 'what if' it can be put to bed and the path forward is now, for the moment, cleared of um's and ah's.

So, feeling as free and as positive as I felt in November 2011, life seems ten times more exciting again and I'm looking forwards with great excitement and a new personal challenge. This challenge concerns the wardrobe and will I hope (technology permitting) kill multiple birds with the proverbial stone! I am going to attempt to construct an (almost) entirely hand made wardrobe. I think that jeans are going to be beyond me, so it's going to be all about the dresses, skirts and tunics. Here are a couple of my inspirations (with major credit to Roisin at But it can't be from Dolly Clackett. She gave me an Easter egg! and her many Elisalex dresses - I have now bought the pattern!):





BurdaStyle is just too good to me!

Hopefully this will keep my brain whirring and my fingers occupied and I can amass a collection of garments that I want to wear, like and feel good in whilst saving money at the same time. The added benefit is that once summer come's round here it can sometimes be too hot and oppressive to spend time outside, so there won't be too much guilt and the fabric choices here are beyond amazing... I already have a fabric in mind for that wrap dress... So here's a prayer to the sewing machine gods - let me work out why my pedal is not working!!!

Toodles,

Nelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment