Tuesday 7 May 2013

Afternoon Tea...We Made It

This weekend finally, having planned it since August last year, my friends and I made it to Afternoon Tea. We had been planning on heading to The Peninsula  but we had been informed that Hullett House was better, so off we went to The Parlor. Hullett House (or Heritage 1881) is a lovely old colonial building that has many terraces. It has been added to more and you can see where the old ends and the new begins but it's still a nice place to be.


The Parlor itself is in the old part of the building and its interior also has a very colonial feel to it.  The food was good, if a little sweet, and the tea was lovely. I had Earl Grey (as anyone who knows me well will know I drink gallons of the stuff - literally gallons this is no exaggeration!) It wasn't too heavy on the citrus flavours and it wasn't too bitter either. 



My flatmate had a Chamomile tea that smelled lovely but went everywhere when it was poured as not only the the liquid but also the chamomile glooped out of the lovely silver teapot. Definitely no tea bags here. We did have a wee tea strainer (fondly referred to as the gizmo/gizmology) to contain the gloop, but it was filled rapidly and the tea still went everywhere...

The food looked amazing: 



And it didn't half taste bad too! We weren't really sure what the sandwiches were (there was one we were really unsure of, but I'd hazard a guess at coronation chicken) and it tasted good whatever it was and all in all we are delighted that we finally managed to make it (and oh my lord I have become someone who photographs their food.......)

The other think that has taken up a small part of my weekend has been fabric acquisition. Ok... so I've had a few bits for a while (but no sewing machine) and despite still having no sewing machine I've still got a few more. I seem to have a colour theme running though my choices, but they were all just too irresistible:


I am now trying to weigh up handsewing...will have to ponder it for a wee while longer I think!  

No comments:

Post a Comment